let me tell you of the raven's sins.

Reading: Who reads anyway, right.
Listening to: the beating of my mind.
Mood: greasy.
2014 September 22, 9:04 PM.

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

The Ghoul in the Woods


Kitty, kitty, the four of you
went to the woods and never came back —
swallowed by the ghoul

Your distilled pain pours as rain
pitying parts of my madrigalesque mind
minus its grouchy oldness

Your purr blitzes its way home
in sprints of unnatural guilt
You become the chill to my solitary madness

I should have loved you sweeter,
not this regretful horror
too tardy to mend a character
Perhaps I should grow a soul,
watering it in each antemeridian chart
with breezy pollution

In dreams, we shall be inseparable:
You multiply in rolls of cottony fluff
like some gentle version of mental massacres

Outside is creaky hallucination
where a vague magenta lantern
sprays vinegar into my eyes

Sounding odd may be a gift, but not a trade
Questions are all I have
and the midnight air your grave



Monday, February 18, 2013, 11:18 PM –
Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 2:09 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you dare disturb the Universe?