let me tell you of the raven's sins.

Reading: Dylan Thomas Selected Poems (illegal stolen copy sue me).
Listening to: Savage Garden radio.
Mood: unchangeable.

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

All the Useless Things


Like rising in the eleventh hour
and reaching for survival
but only entering
a smoky void at the end of the channel.

Like meeting you by sheer luck
in the hospital garden.

You, my falling star, you live in the mirror
where everything is monochromatic
and hyper-romantic.

I, the lifelike dream you never tame,
jump from night to night evading light,
wishing to hear your name undersea
before I burst into a myriad of lifeless foam.

Will your devilish wings foil my plan
as I slip atop a tower?

Like pressing both eyelids when
a scorpion's venom spins
from the epicentrum of my brain.

Like growing older and possibly wiser
but never agreeing with any trend.

Like starving my way to stardom.

How you, my only one, become
the side-effect of inhuman despair —

like nursing fun in
the crimson temptation of a poisoned apple
and booking the loneliest plane to nowhere.



Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 7:51 PM –
Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 6:51 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you dare disturb the Universe?