Wednesday, February 22, 2012

When Words Mean Nothing at All


Tiny, pesky, winged horror
ruined my slumber. I couldn't.
Night and light pulled me apart.
Waking and re-awaking.
Blood on my hand.
Before the dial buzzed,
I was already alarmed.
Enflamed eyes glaring
into the beginning of dawn.
Heaving opposition.
Heavy as a neutron star.
Limping as love.
Hold me in your unwilling arms,
I begged.

The bulk began to transfer.
Disinterested cleanliness.
Nutrition. Racing with Time.
All things set and ready,
the roads beckon:
Come to me, child.
Their filth, their crime, my dime.
Lithesome heels, armored form,
limbs resilient enough
to carry a ton of gravity,
I run with the children of Sun.

Every one of us has a purpose.
Be it genuine or grumbling.
We run. We run.
And the whole nation runs with us.



Wednesday, February 22, 2012, 12:13 – 9:02 PM
When words mean nothing at all is from Inspiral Carpet's song "This Is How It Feels".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you dare disturb the Universe?