let me tell you of the raven's sins.

Reading: some shitty Internet news.
Listening to: bread seller, rooster, the wind, the wind.
Last watched: Scorpion.
Mood: abandoned.
2014 October xx, 6:42 AM.

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Twist. Lick. Dunk.


Who wants free money? We have tons of it. As much as my teaching shifts go, that is.

I spent two and a half hours of my morning chatting, complaining, gossiping with Diah the secretary and Tasha the other teacher. Three girls in a room. At work. Talking about how unenthusiastic these bank workers we are supposed to teach are. They have flexible (non-compulsory) English classes, ninety minutes per week, to help them advance their communication skills and boost their confidence. Does anyone come? Not this morning. Or any other morning, I assume.

At half past ten, one woman came and went to Tasha's classroom. I'm here. Alone in my room. Typing how miserable I am, while listening to Darren Hayes and dancing to the music mimicking Rachel Berry. No one wants to come to my class. This isn't something surprising.

I know I am a serious, philosophical, academic tutor who mostly speaks about weighty or peculiar stuff like cultural diversities and ghost stories. I don't really liven up the conversation. I don't make a habit of joking around like most people do. But I am trying my best to help people learn English the way I know how. Isn't learning the most essential part of education?

But anyway, the fact that these adult students evade their English sessions whomever the teacher is explains much more. They're simply uninterested. And that's how I earn my free money. Waiting in vain, not teaching. Eating Oreos, not teaching. Blogging, not teaching.

You know, when I was little, I wanted so bad to join an English course but my mother wouldn't let me cause the place is too far from our house. We didn't have many informal language schools like now. Therefore, I had to study it by myself. And I still do. Every single day. Learning is fun. It challenges my brain. I can't comprehend why some people hate studying. To me, it's the equivalent of brain candies. Delicious. Just like this ice-cream flavored Oreo in my mouth.

Work, on the other hand, is not that exciting.



Wednesday, February 15, 2012, 10:39 – 11:12 AM
Twist. Lick. Dunk. is from Oreo's commercial tagline.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you dare disturb the Universe?