let me tell you of the raven's sins.

Reading: Dylan Thomas Selected Poems (illegal stolen copy sue me).
Listening to: Night's quietude.
Mood: fallible.
2014 September 18, 9:40 PM.

Friday, February 3, 2012

Dizzy, Damaged Soul


Among others, pain shies away
Troubles tone down
Only strength, sagacity, and
bravery, the core of my soul
I am service; I am idealism
The advocate of industry
A worshipper of wealth

When money speaks,
everyone listens
So do I (and so will you)

People and their
contagious positivity
A thirst for affinity
That silent, invisible storm
sucking everyone into one
To feel like we belong
A sense of community
A drug, an addiction

Without the screen of dust
the eyes see what they should:
unclouded veracity
The body loses the energy
to feel what it should:
                   drudgery
Shadows summon sorrows
The heart beats, aglow
Night falls —
and the mystical life calls



Friday, February 3, 2012, 7:56 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you dare disturb the Universe?