Sunday, February 26, 2012

Before Rain


Comes thunder
Comes lightning
Comes the darkening
            of clouds,
of your hearkening
But you have been reading
all the wrong signs
and the false warning

It is the heat that wets
your ingenuity and
confiscates your body
Sweats suffocate the air
when abundance
is all you see

Turn the page left,
             not right
Turn your life
counter-clockwise
and listen:
Listen to your heart
Listen to it hard
Not your pride,
not your pride

The music
is in the savagery
not the melody
Nor two drops
of such alchemy
You have been hearing
all the calming notes
Unchained as they are,
they are not me
I am the softness
of a storm; velocity
you wish you did not seek

As I fall before rain,
I fall to sear you
Unsought as I am,
I am within you
Reflected, never true



Sunday, February 26, 2012, 3:21 – 6:23 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you dare disturb the Universe?