let me tell you of the raven's sins.

Reading: Dylan Thomas Selected Poems (illegal stolen copy sue me).
Listening to: Night's quietude.
Mood: fallible.
2014 September 18, 9:40 PM.

Sunday, January 29, 2012

I Don't Mind at All


Lyrics from the song "I Don't Mind at All" sung by True Faith, a band from the Philippines. I heard this song on a Jakartan radio station a veeery long time ago when I was still using that old radio player with its analog frequency tuner. Probably in high school in 1995?

Exactly today, it was still played on the same radio station but now I got it from its Internet streaming page. And... I found the title and the band from the radio's Twitter update. FINALLY!! There is a Youtube unofficial video for the song, and that is from where I converted the MP3 file.

No lyrics are available on any Internet site, so I thought I had better transcribe them on my blog. Let me know if I missed anything.

A bit of a grammatical correction to entertain my fussy English teacher side: In the lyrics, it should have been composed as "could have got that far" not "get that far". And judging from the context, I assume it was meant as "rejected junkie" not "rejection junkie". A rejection junkie is someone who is so fond of being rejected, while a rejected junkie is a drug addict hated by everyone.

But since... I had to copy what the song is word per word, there you have it — a good song with bad grammar.


I DON'T MIND AT ALL
 True Faith 

Well, I wonder if this is just infatuation
But with the way it hits me
This could only be my new sensation
Maybe you'd prefer a rock and roll star
Who shoots up coke and drives a really cool car
I could have get that far
I don't mind at all
I don't mind at all
Tongue tied and twisted
I can't seem to get through
In a world of strangers
I'm left without a single clue
Maybe I'm just a rejection junkie
I get my lessons from MTV
I may not get lucky
I don't mind at all
I don't mind at all
Maybe I'm just a rejection junkie
I get my lessons from MTV
I may not get lucky
I don't mind at all
Really I, I don't mind at all
I don't mind
I don't mind
I don't mind at all


MP3 files:
Dropbox (on the new window, right-click then save as)
Google Docs






Sunday, January 29, 2012, 9:33 PM
I don't mind at all is from True Faith's song "I Don't Mind at All".

6 comments:

  1. waw pencarian tahunan sy akhirnya berhenti di sini, thank you very much :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. iya bener, dari dulu juga saya cari2 lagu ini dari radio hardrock yg masih pake radio beneran sampe ahirnya sekarang di internet, baru deeh ketemu juga.

      Delete
  2. hari ini diputar lagi nih!kebetulan cuma kamu yang ada liriknya hahah XD ni penyanyinya orang mana ya? aku dengernya di cosmopolitan fm (90.4)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ini band filipina namanya true faith. kayanya mereka ga terkenal jadi ga ada situs lain yg nulisin liriknya.

      Delete
  3. thanks sis... gw nyari2 lagu ini dari dulu :) gw suka mainin gitarnya yg gaya2 bossa nova gitu.. cmn gak pernah kelar krn lupa terusannya... skrg kelar dah mainin :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. okee.. bagus deh jadi bisa nyelesaiin main gitarnya. ini emang lagu yg ga terlalu terkenal secara internasional ya, makanya ga ada situs lain yg mau repot2 nulisin liriknya.

      Delete

Do you dare disturb the Universe?